Miah

Miah
'Cooinda Moon Light Melody'

Monday, February 11, 2013

Miah's New Life At The Love Shack in Goolwa

I am a  bit behind with my updates. Why you ask? Well because Miah  has finally come to live with us (9th Feb) and all I can do is keep watching her with so much happiness and Joy! Plus anyone whose ever owned a puppy knows how  full of beans they can be, well between their naps lol



Those of you who have been following Miah's blog will know I have chosen the colour purple for her, so before Jenny her breeder came up with her, I quickly went to the local florist shop and bought 2 purple balloons and a  matching purple string so we could put them up on either side of our driveway for Jenny to see which house was ours. She had no trouble finding our place lol

All went very smoothly and Jenny stayed for a couple hours. She brought with her Miah's bedding, toys, a purple food bowl, a purple puppy collar, microchip/pedigree forms etc and some puppy food to help us get started  into her routine with :)

First night went really well. We had set up a small pen just outside our bedroom with her bed in it and some of her toys and after having put her to bed, she did whimper for a couple mins, but fell straight to sleep. My husband did get up a few times to put her outside to go to the toilet, and she did each time:)

Shes very cheeky, independent and in no way shy. Joey and Renae haven't really fussed over her yet, but they are very accepting of her. I wanted to take a photo of them all together to add to this post, but atm they are  all still adjusting to each other, so I thought it best to wait until Miah gets more settled into our routine here.

I could write so much about all of Miah's antics, shes so cute to watch, she is providing us with hours of entertainment  but for now I am just wanting to share that she is here now and that all is going just perfectly !

I got her to do a few sits on command today, and took her for a tiny walk in our backyard on her leash and have even been teaching to 'find' her toys (with whatever one shes interested at the time) and 'bring them back' to me. We are yet to perfect all these skills, but its a start ! As advised by Jenny, I also have been running my fingers around her ears, paws and in around her teeth. This is to help later when we have to clean her teeth, clip her nails etc and for when she has to have examinations done at the vets. Of course she's still a puppy and is very wriggly when I do all these things to her lol

Tomorrow Miah will be 11 weeks old :)

Here are a few photos to go with this post. There will be many more later. We are wanting her to settle in and be comfortable with us first, altho I think she is already !;-)

Please excuse if this post is a bit mumbly jumbly, I think I maybe be suffering from  puppy brain overload atm, and am  also a bit tired from our new routine lol




Miah with her purple food bowl (it has a little paw print in it) and her purple collar (both supplied by Jenny) and the name ID tag I had made up for her. Its a bit big and dangly for her at the moment.

8 comments:

  1. Shes adorable Jules... so jealous.. I love the pic of her asleep head hanging out of the box.. too cute. Love puppies but loads of work.. enjoy! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ange, so far shes been very well behaved, but she is very cheeky and independant, so I'm sure shes going test us out in the near future lol Everyone seems to be loving that pic of her with her head hanging out of the box hehe. x

      Delete
  2. Beautiful Jules, love the photos! Take all the time you can to enjoy the puppy stage they grow out of it way to fast in my opinion!! I love the shot of her asleep with her head out of the box too! Look forwardto more updates, sounds like she is settling in nicely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miah looks as cute as ever and very happy.
    I love the photos. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving these photos,and yes the sleepy box one.

    ReplyDelete